1 Nov 2016
- Location: Brisbane
- Work type: Full Time
- Classification: Community Services & Development Housing & Homelessness Services
Recovery Case Worker o Social Housing Tenancy Team (SHouT)
Footprints in Brisbane Inc. – More jobs by this advertiser
Full-time 38hrs per week (after hours and weekend roster component)
Fixed Term Full Time Contract until 30 June 2017
Footprints in Brisbane Inc. Is a not for profit community based organisation located in Newstead, Fortitude Valley and West End providing a range of programs to people who are older, have a disability, experience mental illness, are homeless and are financially/socially disadvantaged.
The SHouT team is the Social Housing psychosocial and tenancy support services arm of the Mental Health Demonstration Project funded by the DHPW.
The SHouT team will encourage and assist individuals to gain access to the right combination of services, treatments, and specialist supports to self manage their mental and physical health, sustain and maintain their tenancy and optimize capacity for inclusion in community life.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, skilled and experienced Recovery Case Worker to provide practical and psychosocial support to the Social Housing Tenancy (SHouT) Team clients. This position also assists the Team Leader and Case Manager to facilitate and maintain sustainable networks, partnerships and stakeholder groups within the local community to promote cooperation and collaboration in facilitating successful outcomes for the client group and the overall project.
Some of the responsibilities are (but not limited to):-
- To provide direct outreach, support and practical assistance to clients referred to the SHouT Team under direct guidance of the SHouT Team Leader.
- Actively participate in adopting a culture and language of hope and optimism
- Facilitate clients progress towards achieving recovery goals, according to recovery support plans, including but not limited to accessing relevant health and community support services, leisure and recreational activities, and medical and allied health services.
- Participate in case conferences and interagency meetings in a collaborative and consultative manner.
- Assist with administrative functions, including maintenance of client database and reporting requirements.
- Must be able to work occasional evening (till 6pm) and willing to work some weekends as part of a team roster
The position requires a commitment to the delivery of flexible, innovative, non-clinical, client focused support in a community environment and requires the successful applicant to be or have:
- Empathetic and client focused with excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience working with diverse client groups including those with mental illness and complex needs and a demonstrated understanding of providing practical individualized support (living skills development, social linking and transport training) within strengths based recovery-oriented framework.
- Relevant qualifications, (minimum Cert III in mental health) or working towards, and/or experience in the Human Services sector * Current police check and clean driving licence
- Generous salary packaging opportunities
- Annual leave loading
- Modern, family friendly working environment
- Ongoing staff development and training
- Professional, supportive, friendly staff
(Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us by 25th November 2016, please assume that your application has not been successful. We thank you for your time and interest in our organisation).
APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED WITHOUT ADDRESSING THE KEY SELECTION CRITERIA WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
For further information or to request an application package including the key selection criteria please go to our website http://www.footprintsinc.org.au or if you have particular questions please contact:
Applications close: 10.00am Wednesday 9th November 2016
(07) 3252 3488